See Your Website and Sales Pages Transformed
(into tools that will work harder for you and your clients)
Your copy and content can get your key messages across, stimulate action, build relationships and make more sales.
A great-looking website, advert or brochure without the right words to go with it is like a Lamborghini without an engine – you won’t get very far.
I love to help businesses become more effective and successful through the words they use in their website, brochures, landing pages, ads, emails, press releases, newsletters and more.
- Professionally-written, targeted text – so readers know you can solve their problems
- Confidence and pride in how people see your business – so you walk tall online and off
- A roadmap for your website visitors – guiding them to the right result for them, and for you
- Better relationships with customers – if they know you and trust you, they’ll buy from you
- More enquiries and sales – from using persuasive wording that speaks to clients’ needs
- A fresh view on your service or product – uncovering what makes you different
- Clear, concise and grammatically correct writing – because errors drive people away
- Everything done for you – so you won’t have to spend time labouring over it yourself
I’ll understand why you’re in business, appreciate what your clients need, and enhance your image and identity.
“Doug has worked with us on a number of projects for our clients. He’s great in meetings, takes time to understand a business and its voice, communicates easily with our team and delivers content that perfectly complements our designs. Really happy with the results every time – I happily recommend him.” – Andy Smith, StrategiQ Marketing, UK
“The design is amazing. But what do we write for it?”
Sound familiar? You didn’t get into your business to be a writer. But if your website, brochure, email template and advert designs all look stunning, the last thing you should do is wreck them with poorly-written copy.
In fact, without the right words, your promo material won’t work for you at all, no matter how great it looks.
If you’re using Google Adwords, Facebook ads, targeted social media posts or a mailing list, then you should never drive your hard-earned traffic to a vague page that doesn’t focus the reader and help them make a decision.
You need to give your service or product a proper chance to succeed.
Every day, prospective customers ignore campaigns, leave websites and throw away brochures, all because there was not enough for the reader to engage with, relate to or get excited about.
- Are your headlines effective?
- Is your website dealing with your visitors’ issues right off the bat?
- Have you phrased everything in a way they’ll respect and find easy to read?
- Have you thought about keywords?
- Is your content showing readers how you relate to their needs?
- Are you giving them all the information they want?
- Do they know exactly what they should do next?
- And how many readers are you losing through lacklustre copy?
Meanwhile, producing copy in-house can lead to the usual problems:
- Talking only about yourself and your achievements, not your customers’ issues
- Errors in grammar, style and punctuation, so you don’t get taken seriously
- No research into what your customers really want to read or see
- Taking too long over it, or never finishing, which means…
- …your business has an ineffective website, brochure or advertising
What if you didn’t have to worry about all these things?
Inspire confidence in your customers – and yourself!
You know that feeling you get when you’re winning? When you’re at the top of your game?
That’s what it’s like when you’ve got a website, advert or brochure working properly for you. When it’s putting over exactly what you do – how you can help people, solve their problems, make them happy – in a way that resonates with your readers and hits the right tone of voice for you.
By working with a copywriter, you’re solving your own problems. Imagine how your professionally-written website pages or brochure can give you:
- ‘Primed’ customers, ready to book a consultation, buy a product, or use your service
- More people talking about your business and taking you seriously
- A premium image, countering doubts about price
- An advantage over your competition
- More time for you to do a great job
- Increased turnover for less effort
Yes – you can have game-changing designs and the copy to go with it. The two compliment each other. In fact, your promo materials will work better if they are produced together. Design catches your eye, facts fill your mind, but great text can grab hearts.
Got a website, landing page or brochure you want to talk about? Click here:
It’s worked for businesses in all kinds of sectors…
The family law firm who needed profile pages to stand out and service sections to describe their fields of practice accurately and succinctly…
The IT recruitment agency who needed copy across their whole website that drew visitors to the right pages, spoke to them in a new, direct manner and fitted perfectly into the design…
The accountancy consultants who needed clear, concise words to profile their services and how they helped people across many professions…
The estate agents who wanted to make their brochure more punchy and direct. The landscaper who wanted customers to learn about how he could help them. The Swiss retreat centre that needed clarity on its homepage. The marketing agency who needed text to flow easily and tell a story. The list goes on…
They all got website text and promotional copy that:
- Made customers and clients feel involved and engaged
- Used targeted keywords to help with SEO
- Answered readers’ questions, giving the business authority
- Guided people to find further information that suited them
- Showed potential clients or customers what they should do next
- Generated more credibility and made their users feel happy
Your website, brochure, landing page, advert or email will become a prime asset you can constantly refer people to. Promotional copy you can be proud of, that speaks for you and you can use all the time.
“Doug carried out his work to an exceptional quality, and he met our brief perfectly. He is professional, timely and very polite in discussions, and I’d strongly recommend his services to other business owners.”
– Will Coombe, Sharpe Digital, London
I help businesses to become more effective and succeed
It’s all about the client, customer, user or reader.
For effective copywriting, you’ll need a writer who is just as interested in your customers as he is about you. Who asks questions and listens instead of talking, and who keeps asking ‘Why?’ until we get to your prospects’ core motivations.
What do they need, want, hope for, or aspire to? Whatever business you’re in, we’ll need to get to the root cause of why your prospective clients have searched for your service, visited your site, or picked up your brochure.
As an experienced communicator and empathic writer, you can rely on me to:
- Be comfortable in meetings and on calls
- Deal with people at all levels and from all backgrounds
- Have more life experience than a college graduate
- Be good with your clients as well as you
- Notice and correct the tiniest mistakes
- Show up and get your job done
The key is differentiation
All your competitors will say the same things about the service or product. Whatever your industry, every company and their dog will mention:
- Great value
- Excellent customer service
- Expert knowledge
- A product you can trust
We have to step back and find what it is that makes you unique. What will make you stand out from the rest?
It doesn’t have to be complicated. Are you the newest, first, fastest, oldest, most ethical or highest rated? Do you have a new way of doing things, or could you be the first to talk about old processes? Do you have a new offer, or an irresistible bargain?
Or do you have an inground philosophy that makes you unique among others in your business?
People make decisions based on emotions, not logic. If they think you and your company shares an outlook or attitude that resonates with their own values, they’ll be more likely to use you.
Whatever it is, as long as you are the only one saying or doing it, this is what we need to present to the reader (as well as all the benefits and features of your product or service – they still want to know what’s in it for them!).
It makes my day when people say nice things…
“An absolute pleasure to work with – and more importantly, fantastic work product. Truly a master at his trade.”
– Nedda Ghandi, Ghandi Deeter Blackham Law Offices, Las Vegas
“Great experience all-round. Skilled, professional and accommodating. Will be working with Doug a lot more in the future.”
– Glenn Ellul, Startup Studio, Melbourne
“Doug is so professional and has excellent communication skills. Super happy with all the copy he has created for me! Will be hiring him again in the future.”
– Amanda Diaz, Photographer, Edmonton
How important is your business to you?
If you take your promotional material and the words that play a key part in it seriously, then I’d love to talk to you.
Ask yourself a quick question. What will happen if you don’t update the text in your website or brochure, or create a new landing page or advert?
Will you fall behind your competitors? Would your potential clients or customers click through but then click away again just as quickly? Might potential partners or collaborators decide you’re not right for them after all?
In a nutshell, how much business could you be losing?
At best, your turnover will just stay the same. But you came to this website for a reason, and I’m guessing you either know something needs to change, or you’re at least curious about what the changes could be.
Worried about the cost?
You should be. You can find very cheap copywriters, but the work they produce might not be any better than that produced by your intern, or Joan from accounts. They could even present you with something so poor you have to pay out even more money to get someone else to fix it.
Yes, a professional copywriter or content writer will charge more than a writer from a content mill or a jobbing amateur.
But you’ll get a LOT more value for your money.
You’ll be getting someone who can take the right amount of time over your project instead of rushing to do it as fast as possible because they have too much work to make up for low fees.
Someone who will ask about your goals for the project and also your objectives for your business.
Someone who can give you 15 options for headlines, knows about page structures and customer journeys, and will turn in the copy on time. You’ll get something that works.
Getting the right words for your promotional material is an investment, not a cost. By working with a professional writer, you’ll get a superior finished product, your business will look good, and you save yourself time now as well as stress and further expense later. It might even cost less than you think.
Land more clients without wasting more time or money
I work magic with words. I make the ordinary extraordinary and the commonplace fun and interesting. OK, maybe that’s exaggerating slightly, but it’s not too far off.
My mission is to help businesses become more successful and effective. I make the words on your promo material appeal to your target readers and encourage your prospects to take action.
I do this by helping you with:
- Website Text that shows prospects you have the answer to their problem and tells them what to do next
- Brochure Copy that customers can read quickly and easily
- Landing Pages that reel readers in and really convert
- Editorial Content that helps people get to know you
- Press Releases that will get your story in the media
- Emails that will pique curiosity and get readers clicking through
- Proofreading and Copy Editing so your text makes sense and doesn’t show you up
Want to get an idea of what’s possible? Instead of diving in to your entire catalogue, we can just start with a single small project to make sure we’re a fit.
Working on just one or two web pages or another specific short copy job will give us both an idea of how we can work together, and the results we are likely to get. If we both want to do more from there, then great!
You could soon be working with a copywriter who will diligently and amiably produce the copy and content you and your clients so badly need. We could start ASAP.
But there’s only one of me to go round, and other work is coming in from other clients who need my help. Who knows how limited my time will become in the near future?
Act now, and make sure we can book the time in the schedule to get started.
Never Have Embarrassing Web Pages or Brochures Again
Contact me today for a no-obligation chat about your copy and what I could do to help you.