What was going on in your life or business that brought you to my website today?
Need help with winning people over through your website, ads, brochures, emails or press releases? Get in touch using the message form below.
If you know the value of professional copywriting, then I’m sure we’ll work well together.
Let’s see how we can transform your website, brochures or sales pages.
What happens next?
My aim is to help you get your website and promo material speaking to your target audience, so they’ll want to speak to you too.
I’ll probably ask you a few standard initial questions. If you’ve thought about them before the call you’ll earn my undying respect and our conversation will go all the better because of it.
If you’d prefer to download my initial questions form to fill out and send back by email, just click this link: Look Here Initial Questions (Word doc)
Also available as a PDF: Look Here Initial Questions PDF
The questions included in the doc in the link above are:
- The obvious starter – who are you? What’s your name and company?
- What sparked you wanting this work done?
- What exactly do you need?
- And what is the result you want?
- When do you want to get started?
- By when do you need your copy completed?
- When should the project be completed by?
- Will you want me to work directly with your designer?
- Who will I be liaising with?
- Are they/you also the ones giving final approval?
- Have you worked with a copywriter before?
If the answer to that last question was ‘no’, then the usual process is:
- I’ll send you a quote – usually within 24 hours of the initial conversation
- If you’re OK with the quote, I’ll issue a contract or deal memo
- When you’ve confirmed/signed the deal memo/contract (and sent a deposit when a fee is over £200), then I’ll start work
- We’ll talk further about your needs and compile the Creative Brief
- I may need to get more background info
- I’ll give you a date for the first draft of copy
- When you receive the first draft, you have a few days to give feedback
- I’ll edit and amend as necessary – I allow for two rounds of edits as part of the deal
- If all happy, we pat each other’s backs and you settle the invoice.
I allow for two rounds of revisions as part of the deal. But here’s a tip: hold back one of those revisions for after the copy has gone into the design. There is often something that needs tweaking once you’ve had a chance to see it in place.
If you’d like to get a look at the Creative Brief form, you’re welcome to download one as a Word doc by clicking here.
Or in PDF form at this link: Look Here Copywriting Brief PDF
But there’s a catch.
I only have room for a certain amount of projects each month to ensure I can do my best for each and every client. Please don’t be offended if I’m already on a project and will need a few days to get started on yours.
Aaaand… if you like to use Upwork to hire freelancers, my profile is here: https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~013634cad936aa29df/
Don’t let your promotional copy take up any more of your time and head-space than it needs to. Contact me today and we can work out what you need to say and how you need to say it.
Look forward to hearing from you!